Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Debriefing John Velasquez and a Westlake H.S. Practice


Wednesday, August 30, 2017:

Once again I got so caught up with seeing an old friend today for lunch that I forgot to have someone take our picture.

John Velasquez was back from
walking the 500 mile
Camino de Santiago's
French Route

This is the same route that I walked back in 2010 and we had talked before he left about all things Camino in order to prepare him for his adventure.

From the sounds of it, John, another retired Rio Mesa H.S. educator, had an incredible experience and now has a new found outlook on life and a deep love for all things Spanish.

Can't say that I blame him.

Congratulations John, BUEN CAMINO!

Meanwhile, back at my volunteer job . . .

I was off to another day in
the SCORCHING heat to watch
the Warriors practice

At least they held practice off until 5:00 p.m. but it was still hot.

I was very impressed by the high energy displayed by both the coaches and players despite the heat. They were definitely having a good, upbeat time at today's workout.

Great Field Turf Stadium

Working on Field Goal and
Field Goal Block

Varsity Starting DT
Victory Vaca
6-3, 360 lbs.
A 15 year old FRESHMAN!

For my friends in Europe he is 190.5 cm tall and weighs 163.3 kilos!

Probably the MVP of the Ventura County High School Football All-Name team too.

Scrimmage work with,
as usual, no tackling

Westlake looked highly polished and ready to play, I can't help but like their chances on Friday against Thousand Oaks.

No comments: