Tuesday, November 10, 2015

NBA Game: The Memphis Grizzlies at the Los Angeles Clippers


On Monday night, my former Rio Mesa H.S. colleague, Martha Jimenez-Ito, invited me to watch her beloved Los Angeles Clippers play the Memphis Grizzlies at the Staples Center.

Who was I to say no?

Martha owns two half-season tickets to the Clipper games and on this evening her husband Tom who is the Principal at Fillmore H.S. could not make so I happily accepted the offer to pinch hit.

Our first order of business once we reached downtown L.A. was to find a place to eat a hearty pre-game meal. As I was driving, Martha assumed the duty of checking with her YELP app for a new eatery somewhere near our destination.

 VOILÁ

YELP came through with flying colors! It directed us to a new spot in Chinatown that is only a block from one of our favorite L.A. dining spots, Philippe's - Home of the Original French Dip Sandwich.

The YELP endorsed restaurant is called The Little Jewel of New Orleans and is located at 207 Ord Street, Los Angeles, 90012.

It has only been opened for about a year and if you want a Po' Boy or a Muffaleta sandwich, then this is THE place for you!

The Bread Pudding was
well worth the investment!

Yes,
so was the Goo Goo Supreme

A simple but good complete New Orleans style dining experience to be sure. Now I have to return here with Laurie.

Soon.

Fat and Sassy upon arrival

Fortunately for me,
the Clipper Girls dig fat guys!

Fireworks during Clipper
starting line-up introductions 

Martha and I were ready
for a Clippers win

They did not disappoint as the Clippers edged the Grizzlies 94-92 behind Blake Griffin's 24 points, 14 rebounds performance to improve to 5-2 on the young season.

Thank you Martha, I had a great time!

No comments: