Friday, February 20, 2015

Stay at Home Friday


Friday, 20 February, 2015:

After three nights a week practicing until 11:00 p.m. for the past two months and sitting in the damp, cold air at the Águilas Carnaval for three hours Tuesday night, I opted to have a stay at home day to recharge my batteries.

Part of the day was spent watching videos of our next opponent, the Barcelona Búfals, who we play a week from this Sunday at home on March 1st.

Armed with my trusty library card, Thursday afternoon I stopped by Murcia's Biblioteca Regional and checked out this classic 1947 film with all sorts of Spanish ties.

Now if only USC had not adopted this film's incredible song "Conquest" . . .

The Juniors were forced to pick up their pace at practice tonight, it was tough for them but I think that they got much better.

Our Senior practice again focused on improving our pass coverage. We're getting better, now if we could just get healthier.

Saturday Trip to Almería

Roberto Durán is scheduled to referee this game in Almería tomorrow and has asked me to join him, see the city and meet some of his fellow arbiters.

The fact that Almería is famous for its tapas had little to do with my decision to accept his generous invitation.

Yeah, right . . .

More days . . .

No comments: