Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sick Day


Wednesday, 7 January, 2015:

Living La Vida Loca can weaken your immune system, thus I spent most of the day in bed with a cold, a sore throat and aching ears.

Still, I had to rally for the two Cobras practices in the evening.

I opted to head out to practice about an hour early to see . . .

 The UCAM Campus

It is about a ten minute walk from our practice field.

Monasterio de los Jerónimos

This old monastery is the home base of Murcia's Catholic University. The church was closed when I arrived but I am told that it is quite spectacular inside.

 Pope John Paul II

Nice Trumpeting Angel

Soccer Practice

This team was on our well groomed AstroDirt field before we took over at 6:30 p.m.

 Chin Strap Broken?

No problem here, just tape it up! We have no extra helmet parts at this time to help this very good lineman on the Junior team.

Help is on the way from Camarillo.

La Liga Cards

There goes the paycheck for the month.

We had good practices tonight for both teams as the season nears.

If I'm healthy tomorrow morning, I'll be off to the ciudad of Lorca on a Travel Thursday.

No comments: