Sunday, December 9, 2012

Last Night of the Fête Des Lumières


Sunday evening was the last night of Lyon's Fete Des Lumières. After Saturday night's crush I decided to brave it one more time to fight the mobs and see a few more of the spectacular venues. 

The crowds were MUCH smaller

Here are my Highlights from
tonight's festivities

 Place des Terreaux

On Saturday night I could not even get close to this fine square. Tonight it was easy.

The difference is that most of the out-of-towners have gone home and it was mostly just the Lyonnais on the rues this chilly evening.

Place des Terreaux
Men and Women at Work

Place des Terreaux
Outlines

Place des Terreaux
Part of the Light Show #1

Place des Terreaux
Part of the Light Show #2


Théâtre des Célestins
Horizontal Stripes

Normally, if you want to see a good play or concert, this would be the place to frequent.

Théâtre des Célestins
Blue Period

Théâtre des Célestins
Beats Me


Théâtre des Célestins
Rich Colors

Théâtre des Célestins
Pink and Magenta are nice

 Théâtre des Célestins
Pleasing to my eye

Théâtre des Célestins
We have a paint spill on Aisle 7


Théâtre des Célestins
Part of the Light Show #1


Théâtre des Célestins
Part of the Light Show #2


 Colline de Fourvière

 Colline de Fourvière

Place Bellecour
King Louis XIV

Crêpes!

Just a plain one SVP, I'm watching my diet after having already noshed my way through town at various street vendors.

I like to support the small business man or woman. 

Eglise Sainte-Blandine 

One for Kevin
One for Jacob 

 I wasn't alone in lighting candles
at Eglise Sainte-Blandine 

The cold weather, the angelic music playing in the church, the Christmas season and this beautiful, ancient church itself led me to a minor but important religious experience.

It was nice.

Thanks for saving Lyon, Mary
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!

We should have been allowed to play today.

As I write this, two more days until I see Laurie.

Monday's adventure will be a train trip to the Strasbourg Christmas Market. It should be fun!