Sunday, August 7, 2011

Swedish Football is Back Up and Running


After a month off for the Swedish Federation's traditional Summer Break, Division I Södra was back at it this weekend with two games.



2011 Division I Södra (South) Standings
The top two teams at the end of the regular season will play in the 2011 SAFF Division I Playoffs along with the top two teams from each of the other three Division I Conferences.

Kristianstad Predators (7-1)
Ystad Rockets (7-2)
Limhamn Griffins (5-2)
Lugi Vikings (3-4)
Ekeby Greys (1-7)
Hässleholm Hurricanes (0-7)

Week 11 Results
Limhamn 62 - Hässleholm 0
Ystad 26 - Ekeby 0
BYES: Kristianstad and Lugi

Week 12 Games
Saturday, August 13th
Ystad (7-2) at Hässleholm (0-7)
Lugi (3-4) at Kristianstad (7-1)
Sunday, August 14th
Limhamn (5-2) at Ekeby (1-7)



SAAF Division I Södra Notes: Only three weekends are left in the regular season which offers the Hurricanes three more opportunities to get their first win of the season.

To say that I am both disappointed and mystified at Hässleholm's 0-7 start is an understatement. Last year the team made the tough move from Division II to Division I. We were in every game except one and I thought we played our best football at the end of the season. That, coupled with our strong recruiting efforts in the community and the massive donation of football equipment from the local high schools in Ventura County, led me to believe that 2011 would be a banner season in Hurricanes' history.

I didn't see this coming at all.

No comments: