Monday, June 30, 2008

What the Hell...


Paul Stanley of Kiss and me
at Florence's Amerigo Vespucci Airport

So, I was waiting Monday at Florence's Amerigo Vespucci  Airport for my teaching buddy from Rio Mesa H.S., Joe Mollica, who was flying in from a two week stay in Great Britain to join me for this Wednesday's "Il Palio" horse race in Siena.

His plane was delayed by 30 minutes, so I was in the waiting area next this shall we say "interesting" looking man who turned out to be Paul Stanley. Paul is one of only two original members still Rockin' & Rollin' with the band KISS! Of course, Gene Simmons is the other one.

KISS, he told me, has just finished a 30 city tour and now it's time to rest and relax at his villa in Tuscany for the next two months. His parents are both here already and he was waiting for his wife, two sons and her parents who were due in from Zurich.

We talked about that fateful Halloween in 2000 when our group imitated KISS at Rio Mesa, about coaching American football in Italy and about how he should spend a few days relaxing in Sicily.

What a great and humble guy! My day was made and Joe hadn't even arrived yet!

1 comment:

Alessandro said...

Wow! I read that Paul has a Tuscany villa in Los Angeles, not a villa in Tuscany!!! Are you kidding? ;-)
I'm going to stay near Grosseto for one month in the next weeks... where's Paul's villa? :-)))
See you here in Rome!
Alex